Each student attending training must fully understand the risks involved with working at heights. Vertex Safety Resources provides the knowledge and skills required to work safely, however, it is up to each individual performing tasks at height to take responsibility for their own actions and practice 100% fall protection and remain within their own limitations and abilities.
This course is designed for experienced climbers who have supervisory level responsibilities on the job site. This course covers classroom instruction and tower practical application through the following topics: applicable rescue regulations; fall hazard assessments and fall protection procedures; Creating Rescue Plans: detailed inspection of fall protection and rescue equipment components and systems; determining when systems are unsafe; calculated clearances for various systems; fall protection rescue procedures and the selection and use of noncertified anchorages.
- NOTE: Must pass a written competency exam before continuing through the one day class. This exam is based on the knowledge gained as an experienced authorized climber/rescuer. It is highly recommended each student be well versed in fall protection before attending this one day course.
- This course can be combined with the 2 day Authorized Climber/Rescuer course.
- This training will provide an understanding of the primary safety knowledge to you the climber as well as an understanding of certain regulatory compliance standards that exist. Safety is of the utmost importance, and there may be federal standards you must comply with that are created to provide you with a safe work environment.
- If you are a climber in the telecommunications industry, this training meets the current OSHA Fall Protections regulations, ANSI Z359, Z490, A10.48 as well as the NATE CTS standards.
- In addition to this training, if you are employed as a climber, you will need to be well versed in your company’s policies and Safety program to ensure compliance.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Employed as an active climber for a minimum of 12 months
- Sign a medical release waiver of liability
- Proof of Authorized or Competent Climber/Rescuer Certification (must be current within previous 12 months)
- Must pass a written competency exam before the start of class to continue. This exam is based on the knowledge gained as an experienced certified authorized climber/rescuer.
Class Size: limit 6 students per instructor
Time: One Day (8 hours) 4 hours classroom instruction; 4 hours practical application
- Training Provider and Employer Responsibilities
- Regulations and Standards
- Fall Protection Hierarchy
- Primary and Secondary Connections
- Anchorages and Anchorage Connectors
- Full Body Harness
- Energy Absorbing Lanyards
- Work Positioning
- Self-Retracting Devices
- Safety Climb Devices
- Vertical Lifelines and Rope Grabs
- Ladder Climbing Devices
- Horizontal Lifelines
- Synthetic Rope
- Descent Control
- Climbing Techniques
- Rescue Techniques