According the Center for Disease Control (CDC), each day in the United States, approximately 9 people are killed and more than 1,000 injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver. Distracted driving is any activity that takes your attention away from driving.
VSR has developed a Driver Safety course to help ensure the next time you get behind the wheel your not the one everybody is pointing at. Operating a vehicle is one of the most dangerous things you can do today and with the amount of distracted drivers that are on the road you need to take the necessary steps to ensure your not their next victim.
Whether yo are new to operating a vehicle or an experienced driver there is always something to learn and ways to improve your abilities.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Licensed and ensured Driver
Class Size: limit may vary based on size of training location (contact us for details)
Time: One day of classroom instruction and road evaluation
- Poor Driving Behavior
- Not using turn signals
- Driving Fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
- Ignoring traffic signs
- Driving Fundamentals
- Pre-Trip Vehicle inspection
- Looking ahead
- Situational Awareness
- Evaluate Surroundings
- Space management
- Utilizing Warning Devices
- Safe Driving Characteristics (Making better decisions when operating a vehicle).
- Pulling over before drowsiness becomes an issue.
- Let someone else drive if you are on medication.
- Remove those distractions by placing them out of site, such as a cell phone.
- Adjust speed or get off the road for adverse weather conditions
- Practical Evaluation
- Road test on all topics discussed above