When incidents are investigated, the emphasis should be concentrated on finding the root cause of the incident so you can prevent the event from happening again. The purpose is to find facts that can lead to corrective actions, not to find fault. Do not simply record the steps of the event.
Let Vertex Safety Resources help you with your Incident Investigations. Our team of experts can help reduce the stressfulness of the situation by working with you through the process.
Reasons to investigate a workplace incident include:
- most importantly, to find out the cause of incidents and to prevent similar incidents in the future
- to fulfill any legal requirements
- to determine the cost of an incident
- to determine compliance with applicable regulations (e.g., occupational health and safety, criminal, etc.)
- to process workers’ compensation claims
For more information on how Vertex Safety Resources can help you become a more safety conscious company click the link below.